- John Adams studied at Harvard and considered becoming a minister.
- Samuel Adams was deeply impacted and sought a political revolution to separate the church from England’s influence.
- Benjamin Franklin and George Whitefield were friends. Some believe Franklin might have become a Christian in latter life.
- James Madison was very devout and fought for freedom of religion and checks and balances in government because of the depravity of man.
- John Witherspoon published several books on the Gospel.
- Although there’s no direct connection between George Washington and the Great Awakening, we know that Washington was a devout Christian who even wrote a prayer book.
- 54 of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence were devout Christians. Only Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson were not.
- The first act of the Continental Congress was to pray. They prayed at the beginning of every session, and they prayed before voting to declare independence and signing the Declaration of Independence.
Winter Tea Party winners: Angela's book,THE SCARLET COAT, will go to: Print copy- Andrea Stephens; e-book copy - Catherine Wight!
LUCY REYNOLDS has a table topper quilt on the way, and winners of the Valentine Ebook Collection are: Deanna Stevens, Caryl Kane, Anne Payne and Winnie Thomas. With thanks to all who joined in!