GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to the Captains of the Virginia Regiments
"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Ephesians 6:10-13
People who believe that Jesus Christ died for their sins, was buried, and rose again fight a war. Like the Virginia Regiments, we need to be disciplined.
What regiments should we practice so that we can be formidable and procure success?
- We need to be disciplined in prayer, practicing to do so always.
- We need to be disciplined in Bible reading, studying it with the same fervor a soldier studies how to use his weapons.
- We need to be disciplined in meditation, drilling God's Words into our minds so that we cannot forget His marching orders for us.
- We need to discipline ourselves to attend regular church services and fellowship with other believers to build camaraderie amongst our fellow soldiers.
- We need to discipline ourselves in the wearing of our armor so that it becomes comfortable, molding to us like our own skin.
- Daily time with God in prayer and worship,
- Daily Bible reading and study,
- Daily meditate on His Word,
- Regular church attendance, not just Sunday morning worship service, but becoming involved in your local church's activities: Sunday School, worship services, evening services, Bible studies, outreaches, prayer meetings,...make it a point to be in your church whenever the doors are open, serving in whatever capacity you can.
Have you completed your daily regiment today?